[SunRescue] Vinophiles of the world unite

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 06:37:34 CDT 2001

I have a very nice '98 yakima valley Semillon that I've been saving chilling
right now. In fact I think I'll have some right now.
http://www.wine.com/sku/wine_sku.jsp?sku=0031843

Either that or the really good, yet still moderately priced '98 Ste. Michel
HH (also columbia valley) Sauvignon Blanc.
http://www.wine.com/sku/wine_sku.jsp?sku=0033230

I highly recommend both of these wines if you like a bone dry white at a
reasonable price.

To my mind the perfect meal for a dry white is grilled chicken or smoked
turkey, on sourdough, with extra sharp cheddar, and a dijon mustard so sharp
it makes you pucker.

I unlike most vinophiles prefer a young white, dry, crisp, and clean. I'm
not much for the heavy tannins some Californians prefer, and the only
fruitiness I like to taste is a hint of peach, pear, or apple.

Whoever invented white zinfandel should be drug out in the street and shot.
Or worse forced to drink nothing but that. It's like alcoholic Kool-aid.

And most Cabernet Sauvignon is too resinous.

There, I've said it.

I've commited the ultimate wine heresey.

Chris Byrne