[SunRescue] Xyplex MAXserver 1608 Terminal Servers

Jeff Workman rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 01:59:27 CDT 2001

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as John Duksta exclaimed:

> Well, Xyplex was founded by a pair of ex-DEC employees, so it's no
> small coincidence that the CLI is DEC-like.

I've seen a few DECserver term servers go through the local surplus
channels.  Are they just as horrid as these things.

OK, I admit it.  This thing has me beat.  It took 2 fscking days to figure
out how to make it let me telnet into it, and now all I want to do is be
able to telnet to it and attach to a serial port.  But it's not working!!!

I say something like this:

Xyplex>> set service test port 1 enabled
Xyplex>> connect test

and it says something about "Service not enabled"

wtf?

Can somebody please beat me with a cluestick?

Jeff

--
"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.