[SunRescue] RE: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1206 - 14 msgs

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 10:31:46 CDT 2001

I'd vote for the pair of SM71s - should cost you $200 - 300 depending on situation.

Also, I'd suggest keeping a keen eye on Ebay for an SS/20 or SS/10 with RAM & CPU that is underpriced. I picked up a nice SS/20 for $250 +/-... WIth a little trading/tinkering you may wind up with a better machine for very little total cost (assuming you get around to selling the second/extra machine).

Of course, selling your system and moving up to a low-priced Ultra 1 might be the best upgrade for the same $200-300...

Hope this helps,

Ken

Message: 4