[SunRescue] HELP: Cannot assemble drivers for root problem

mike dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 16:05:14 CDT 2001

>On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 03:35:20PM -0500, John Lengeling wrote:
>> After swapping the motherboard, I get the following error message:
>
>Hi...
>
>You're up a creek-- the 170/E MB uses a completely different SCSI
>driver than the 140 non-e. I discovered this the hard way when I
>swapped system disks between my 170/E and a 140 which I later sold.
>The problem still existed under Solaris 7.
>
>You *may* be able to do something like boot off a CD-ROM, mount your
root
>disk, add the drivers, add new driver links, and then boot -r.
>
>ok boot cdrom -s
>mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a
>add_drv -b /a "SUNW,fas"
>devlinks -r /a
>umount /a
>shutdown -g0 -y -i0
>ok boot -r
>
>Good luck!
>
>-Jon

I'm trying to do something similar, moving a disk from a LX to SS10
that's been having problems with other disks and I've tried the above
but modified slightly for my system(remove add_drv line, change
c0t0d0s0) but still no go. Is there anything specific to SS10s like a
driver that needs to be add_drved? Or will I just have to reinstall?
:(.

Mike