[SunRescue] ss100e up for grabs in London and a question about my U1

Dan Lane rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 14:56:49 CDT 2001

Hi,

ok, first up, a while ago I got a Sparcserver 1000e, I put Solaris (7 I
think, may have been 2.6) and that was all... the machine made too much
noise to have in the shared living room where all my machines were
beforeand its just sitting here... since I am perpetually short of cash
and craving a new machine I am offering it to the highest bidder or the
person who is willing to swap it for the most fun/obscure toy :)

It has 2 boards, each has 2 processors thats... umm 4 processors (as you
can tell I haven't really ripped this box apart in search of cool stuff ;)

I am in the Ealing broadway (thats London) area and its fairly big and
bloody heavy so you'll want to pick it up :)

Do you think anyone would swap it for an indy? (what? quit looking at me
like that... s'not like I'd put linux on it *grin*)

On another note, I have an Ultra Enterprise 1 that I finally got around to
sitting down and playing with... few questions...

1. how does this differ from the standard Ultra1 (apart from the case logo
being different)

2. is there any reason why an sbus framebuffer wouldn't work in here? I
tried a cg6 and cg3 to no avail! what would work in there?

--
Dan Lane (d at x11.net)

Web: http://www.logicbomb.net
PGP Key: http://www.logicbomb.net/pgpkey