[SunRescue] Trap Type = 00000009

Mattias Paulsson rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 8 12:04:42 CDT 2001

> > after my change of BootPROM in my SS10 from 2.12 to 2.25 the system
> > just refuses to start with the following error showing in my =
terminal
> > window:
> >=20
> >      ERROR : Unexpected Synchronous Trap Taken, Trap Type =3D =
00000009
> >=20
> > ...anyone know what kind of error this is? I have tried to remove =
the
> > all the RAM but a single 16MB stick that was installed when I got =
the
> > machine but it seems that RAM isn't the prolem here.
>=20
> Hmmm... I believe a trap 9 is mmu-related, can't recall.  Have you =
tried
> swapping back to the 2.12 PROM?  Did you make any more changes in the
> system, like a new CPU module?

Yes, I swapped back to my 2.12 (thinking "great I've just blown up two =
computers in one day" (my wifes windows box isn't quite functional =
anymore...) and it works just fine.

And no, I haven't started swapping CPU modules yet. I'm still running my =
good old SM40 (single one). The reason for the upgrade is that I have =
new CPU modules laying around aswell as some 32MB DIMMs I could use if =
the PROM would get to 2.25.

I have searched the net for references on the Trap code with no success. =
:-(

//Pson (still hissing at that darn chip)