[SunRescue] Silly SS10... continued....

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 08:38:46 CDT 2001

> I've gotten by with consoles on suns using just 3 wires... Yes, it should
> work fine.  Sun wants a null-modem, you should use E-7-1 or N-8-1,
> depending on the settings in the nvram...

Yeah, the thing works fine, now on tty with NetBSD-1.5.  I have to do
some more scrounging to get a working sun cd again, for a sol8 load.
Using the DEC VT320, and mmj with DEC 7 wire terminator plug, it also
takes a null modem plug.  But, it seems to be running fine, now, and
not any problems.  My expectation is that the thing was having frame
buffer problems.

Thanks

Bob