[SunRescue] Such Language... also Eostation question (Re: Cybermark high bid )

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 23:12:06 CDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> "Sugrue, Matt" <matt.sugrue at cybermark.com> wrote:
>
> > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
> > this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
> Kindly upgrade your broken mail system.

I thought Mutt could handle MIME. Maybe your version is outdated. Pine 4
handled it and made it readable, at least.

> > Going home a bit early today, but I will update several times tomorrow as
> > well.  -matt
>
> Please don't.  Bill, I would be grateful if you kill this arsehole.

Is such language really necessary? Yeah, it's probably inappropriate for
the guy to post his auction updates so often--I'd advocate just sending it
to the bidders who asked to be appraised of the situation--but maybe you
could have put this sort of idea in a slightly more civil fashion? Maybe
even in private email? Playing up as Bruce Snobby makes lots of us look
bad, so if that was your goal you've done very well.

Maybe I'm getting old, but unintentional breaches of netiquette no longer
bother me nearly as much as intentional and malicious ones. :)

To get somewhere near the topic...

Anyone heard of an EOStation? I picked one up at a swap meet a few months
back and it pretty much seems to be a custom case around a SS10. This one
has a 486/25 SunPC card, a very slow processor whose 501- sticker is
missing, and 48MB of memory. Assuming it is just an SS10 in an OEM case, I
guess I don't have much of a question--I can figure it out from here. :)

All I've found on the web is the name of one in Korea, and a page like
http://www.studiored.com/Portfolio/Computer/EOS/eos.htm from the people
who designed it. I'm probably going to (at least temporarily) gut my
SS1000 to test the processors--this guy is lighter than the 1000 chassis,
which is still sitting in my van, and is less likely to trip my breakers
as well. :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows