[SunRescue] Cheap big iron

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 16:36:02 CDT 2001

I don't think anything but Dynix will run on it.  Looking around, G++ runs
on it.  The seller said two harddrives.  Based on when these machines were
out, I'm guessing that they would be .5g or 1g drives.  Oracle runs on the
thing.  Some conteporaries seem to be the Sparc2s and SGI 4D machines, so
I'm guessing that it might be 40mhz processors, but don't really know.
And as the MIPS R8k demostrated, mhz says extremely little about speed.
It might be equiv to a Sun1000 with 5 SM31(??) modules (the 40mhz ones
that original come witht the mazhine).

Dynix is based on BSD4.2

--
Joshua Boyd