[SunRescue] Latest firmware for IPX?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 12:42:14 CDT 2001

[ On Thursday, April 5, 2001 at 10:48:07 (-0500), scohen - Stephen Cohen wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [SunRescue] Latest firmware for IPX?
>
> The latest firmware is 2.9.  I have a copy suitable to be burned into a ROM,
> but I've no way to actually get this done.  If anyone has a ROM burner and
> is willing, I'll provide the 2.9 image with which to create these chips.

I have a ROM burner, but I've never actually used it so I don't know for
sure if it works or not.

It's the type with a serial RS232 interface.  It does seem to be alive
if you connect up to it, and it takes various record formats on input
and can gang-burn six at a time, or copy six at a time, IIRC.

Not that I'm offering to try using it -- except maybe for someone in the
area.  I got the unit second hand and the previous owner hasn't even
used it for years.  (I did find the manuals online though.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>