[SunRescue] UK: anyone want a sun? ;)

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 14:45:13 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm starting to run out of space here, and as much as I hate to have to
get rid of such well built 'real' computers, I think it's right that I
move some on, and maybe this is an opportunity to get new toys to play
with, so..

I had originally hoped to do something vaguely functional with some of
this, but realistically i've got smaller stuff that can do it.

My only 'investment' in these is the petrol dragging them up from the
other end of the country, so in theory I can give them away - altho I'd
rather swap them for smaller, interesting, things :) - i've not currently
got any ideas what such things might be but i hope someone can think of
something ;)

	Sun 4/350

	this has a VME colour video board, and the memory board which
	takes 48 x 30pin simms permitting the maximal memory config
	for this machine.

	Sun 4/330

	this has the P6 video board, and both memory boards.

The 330 is already full (40Mb - but can be 72Mb if you have 4Mb simms),
and I should have enough 1Mb simms to fill the 350 (56Mb .. tho of course
you can get much much more in it by fitting 4Mb simms :)

unintuitively (from the numbers), the 350 is smaller than the 330. i can
lift the 350 :)

obsolyte have pictures..

	here's a 330..

	http://www.obsolyte.com/sunPICS/sparc_vme/sun330.jpg

	the 350 looks rather like the graphics tower...
	(tho the 350 appears to be a little wider)

	http://www.obsolyte.com/sunPICS/475/475front.jpg
	http://www.obsolyte.com/sunPICS/475/475rear.jpg

also have..

	Sun 4/330

	has a single memory board _full of 4Mb simms_  - so 72Mb in all.
	(cpu has 8x 1Mb).

also have.. some VME ethernet and a spare 4/300 CPU.

I know of at least one rescuer who'd like the 350 memory board (hello
ian:) but i'd really hate to split apart a working machine :( - so the
machine goes with it.

prefer for these to be collected (leeds, w.yorks) but will consider
delivering if you're close enough and can offer replacement toys and/or
petrol.

dave.