[SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 09:13:26 CDT 2001

I don't hat it but I have yet (after 10 years of doing this stuff)
to find an application for it.  My threshold between bash and C
leaves no room for a bloated, unnecessarally complex script environment.
I suspect that many perl scripts should have been written in C
(think slashdot), or shell scripts (for the simple stuff).  If you
were writing a log analyzer that was doing alot of cut/grep/sort etc
then perl would probably make sense.  Hey isn't that why it was written
in the first place?  I wonder what Larry Wall thinks about Perl being
used for Ecommerce front ends?

KL