[SunRescue] UK Attic clear out - bit long .....

Shadow Man rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 15:34:19 CDT 2001

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>I have some equipment to get rid off in the UK. If anyone is interested please let me know offline. Prices are indicative, not sure what some of it's worth on the second time around market.</P>
<P>I have : -</P>
<P>Sun Ultra 5 270Mhz/512M/4.3G</P>
<P>I have two of these that I can't really justify keeping any more. The internal storage is IDE however I put an external SCSI/additional ethernet card into both. You'll probably know that they take VGA screens.</P>
<P>Both can be set up to run Solaris if required, if so I'll send down the Solaris 8 packs with them. I'm looking for best offer by the end of the week ( ?600 seems going rate on Ebay, 700 with the maxed out mem ? )</P>
<P>I've also got some Unipacks, two with 9.1G drives ( one is UltraSCSI ) (75 each ?), the last one a CD drive (50 ?)</P>
<P>I've also got a Multipack with two 18 G drives. This is a pretty serious piece of kit so wont be cheap ( new these are 2k plus, take a fair stab if you're interested).</P>
<P>I'm also looking to out some of my floating 'crap' stock, so :-</P>
<P>Old style ( IPX, LX ) four drive storage pack. Can't remember what drives are in this but there's three of them, probably 4.2's.</P>
<P>Old style external DDS2 DAT drive (100 ) plus some tapes.</P>
<P>External SCSI DLT 15/30G enclosure and drive, couple of tapes too ( 150 ? )</P>
<P>External SCSI WORM drive ( plus a couple of sealed disks thrown in ) ( badged a Reflections RF5010C ) ( 150? )</P>
<P>I've a sunSparc Station 5 that I can loose without too much cash changing hands ( 50 ?), along with, if anyones interested :</P>
<P>MicroVAX II ( 13 whole Megabytes of mem !!, 3 disks ) running VMS 4.3. This is a big lump of old tech. Couple of lumps of documentation comes with it. It'll run BSD no prob's, with I'm sure I can put on before should any one want it. This is in a BA123 cab, which is about the size of a fridge on it's side. Not small, sentimental value, etc.</P>
<P>VAXStation 3100 again, this is something I just can't justify keeping anymore. I haven't booted it in two years, can't remember the exact spec. Running I think VMS 5.2.</P>
<P>DEC AlphaStation 200 4/100, see above.</P>
<P>Acorn A4000 - no idea, son skip dived at school to rescue this for me ( I've taught him all the worst habits I'm afraid ).</P>
<P>I'll check that all the stuff is working before shipping, any questions please drop me a line. Anything unsold at the end of the week goes onto Ebay ( looks like the VAXen then :-( ).</P>
<P>Some of the heavier stuff will need collecting, I'm Essex/Suffolk boarders, working in Liverpool Street region of London, so I can drop some of the stuff there.</P>
<P>Cheers</P>
<P>Dave Neal</P>
<P>dave at edenhouse.nospam.org.uk</P>