[SunRescue] Nice little rescue at the swap today (alphastation -- OS suggestions?)

Alan Robinson rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 00:13:06 CDT 2001

On Monday 02 April 2001 21:56, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I had so wanted to go to Timonium to find cool toys and surprises, but I
> picked my pay check up on Friday and found that someone has once again
> misfiled my hours leaving me just enough to pay bills and buy gas.  Sigh.
> I need a job that is better about actualy paying me properly.

I was at the Timonium Hamfest on Sunday and found the fleamarket a bit sparse
this year due to the weather (cool and cloudy). From what I hear the turnout
was better on Saturday. Even so I was able to find a couple of Sun items (an
SM71 module and a 100BT S-Bus ethernet card). There were some workstations,
mostly SS2s, IPXs, and SS10s with a couple of Classics and an SS20 or two. I
also saw some Axil 245s (SS5 clones), and an old server (an MP470 perhaps?).
Few monitors though. I was hoping to grab a 20in Sun monitor but there wasn't
anything to be found.
Even so, this is one big swap meet. Even in an off year it has of the best
fleamarkets in the Mid Atlantic states.

Of course the Trenton Computerfest is coming up next month!!!

Alan Robinson