[SunRescue] SS690MP questions

Robert Reif rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 22:32:28 CDT 2001

Hi,

I just picked up a 690MP that has been taken apart.  I have it
mostly back together but there are a few things I can't figure out:

There are two switched circuits with one turning on immediately
and the other turning on 20 seconds later.  I have it turning on the
drives (single box with 4 IPI drives inside) immediately and the
card cage delayed.  Is this correct?

The drive box has two ports (A and B) with in and out connectors.
Which port connects to the IPI-2 controller?  Do I need to daisy chain
the ports like SCSI?

The system will not boot (it just hangs) but probe-ipi returns Slave 0
and
traversing the device tree shows an id on ipi3sc.  What should I see in
the device tree for this drive box?

Does anyone have any hardware documentation for this system that they
would like to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Bob.