[SunRescue] Want to get a Cable (DD_50SA to scsi II)

Michael Free rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 20:52:24 CDT 2001

In 20/20 hindsight to trying to find a cable for my 4/470 ( I did find one,
$30), I pulled the sun3 SCSI card and found that the connector on the back
was cabled with a 50 pin header on the front of the board. What I would have
done was, get 2 PC card 50 header-DB25 or DB50 panels, remove the
connectors, replace the DD50 conn on the SCSI card, and either use an
external SCSI case or use the second PC panel adapter wired into a hole cut
in the back of the server as a passthrough to the internal plugs (haven't
looked at these yet, if this is feasible). Or, just look hard for a DD50
cable.

Mike Free