[SunRescue] HP PS printer simm?

Cyrus M. Reed rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 13:41:00 CDT 2001

The Postscript SIMM lets you send postscript files direct to the
printer.  With the SIMM, the printer can handle PCL or Postscript
formatted jobs, which is very handy with UNIX boxes, since you can just
send a Postscript file to the printer without using something like
Ghostscript to convert it to PCL first.  Very cool.  Also somewhat pricey
to get new from HP, IIRC.

-Cyrus