[SunRescue] You all see this?

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 1 21:09:26 CDT 2001

On 4/1/01 at 10:20 AM, Eric Hall <jester_123 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/49346069
>
>Kinda cool looking!

I had (well, still have but it doesn't run) a similar machine. It is a bit
of an oddball hardware-wise, but had a nice stack of printed manuals. Mine
was a little pre TCP/IP and there didn't seem to be the same kind of user
community that there is for Sun.

That is one thing I miss about the older machines -- the U6000's manuals
were a great introduction to Unix and the Unix philosophy (plus vi and ed
tutorials!). Our 670MP had a huge stack as well -- but our U250 came with (I
think) *a* slim paperback book.

I don't know why I'm being nostalgic, the pallet-o-manuals things was over
by the time I started working, but I do regret the absence of printed
manuals.

--
drouse