[SunRescue] OT: Wyse WinTerm 2300T

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Sep 30 18:53:46 CDT 2000

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 07:01:41PM -0400, Adam Kropelin wrote:
> That's what I thought, too. I believe MS purchased and branched Metaframe a
> number of years ago and called it Windows Terminal Services. They seem to
> like doing this sort of thing; MS SQL Server is a branch of Sybase, for
> example. I know that the MS Terminal Services product (even the Win2K
> version) has significant differences from Citrix. For one, they use
> different com protocols (Citrix supposedly uses the more efficient one).
> Also, Citrix allows client-side printing.
> --Adam

Horrible flashback:  anybody else ever used/supported WinDD?

Basically it was WinFrame/MetaFrame/NT-terminal-server like for
NT 3.51; we had it at COMCO; all the guys had clients on their
SGI machines so they could log into the NT server (a P166MMX!
it did a great job!) and run Word and Excel, etc.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * KD5LQR
  mrbill at mrbill.net