[SunRescue] OT: Wyse WinTerm 2300T

AdamKropelinakropel1 at rochester.rr.com AdamKropelinakropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 18:01:41 CDT 2000

At 12:50 AM 10/1/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 06:26:32PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Windows 200 Advanced Server include Metaframe Terminal Services.  But
> you'll
> > pay dearly for this license.
>
>Hmm... So Windows Terminal Services (which is included with Windows
>Terminal Server and 2K AS) is compatible with/the same product as Citrix
>Metaframe? I always thought they were incompatible/competing products.

That's what I thought, too. I believe MS purchased and branched Metaframe a
number of years ago and called it Windows Terminal Services. They seem to
like doing this sort of thing; MS SQL Server is a branch of Sybase, for
example. I know that the MS Terminal Services product (even the Win2K
version) has significant differences from Citrix. For one, they use
different com protocols (Citrix supposedly uses the more efficient one).
Also, Citrix allows client-side printing.

--Adam