re SGI (was RE: [SunRescue] 5 major manufacturers?)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Sep 29 12:05:21 CDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 01:55:46PM +0100, Mike Meredith at home wrote:
> Don't go to SGI remarketing --- their prices are a bit on the high
> side. Try www.mce.com or www.reputable.com (actually there's quite a
> few others out there). $2-3k takes you into the 2nd user O2 (the low
> end) or 2nd user Indigo^2 (the high end) territory.

You can get a NICE Indigo2 for under $1k nowdays.

BTW, I'll put my 2 cents in here, and highly recommend either Greg
Douglas @ Reputable, or Fred Dikeman @ Data Instruments (www.workstation.net)
for sources of used SGIs.  I've been doing business with both of them
for years now, without a problem and with great service.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * KD5LQR
  mrbill at mrbill.net