[SunRescue] Installing Debian Linux 2.2 on IPX w/serial console

Mark A. Pitman mapitman at home.com
Wed Sep 27 01:06:18 CDT 2000

I am trying to install Debian 2.2 on my Sun IPX (which is currently
running OpenBSD). I do not have a monitor for it, so I am using minicom
on my Intel box to connect to it over the serial port. When I boot from
the install floppy I get all the way to the point where it ejects the
disk and asks for the root disk. When I place the root disk in the drive
and press <enter>, nothing happens. It sits forever. Anyone have any
ideas what I can do to get it to continue? I tried booting from tftp,
but I received some sort of "network underrun error". Help!