[SunRescue] Calling OBP Forth from Solaris

MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com
Mon Sep 25 13:25:48 CDT 2000

Sorry that this is off-topic. To bring it back on-topic, there
is a 3/50 on offer for anyone who can answer the questions...

Is there any way to call OBP Forth words once Solaris is up?

I know that the kernel can do it, because I've seen the bits
in the OpenBSD kernel source which do this.

Does Solaris provide any sort of system call, ioctl, etc which
offers this facility to user-level (well, root-level) processes?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to permanently alias
one Forth word to another? I'm sure it must be possible with
the nvramrc facility, but I don't have enough documentation
to figure it out. (All the manpages seem to reference extra
manuals that I don't have.)

Thanks.

--m