[SunRescue] Sparcstation IPC PROM

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sun Sep 24 23:09:40 CDT 2000

OK, try this, be warned this may cause the magic smoke to roll out of your
machine, if it does I am not to be blamed.

turn the box on, let it get to where it stops since there in no OS. do not
type anything. Pull the NVRAM out while still powered on. type n for new
command mode, when you get to an OK prompt put the NVRAM back in. then reset
the password security to none with this command:

setenv security-mode none

That should do it. I have done this dozens of times with no ill effect. Like
I said though YMMV.

Mike N