[SunRescue] Re: Sun part number reference needed

RobertNovakrnovak at indyramp.com RobertNovakrnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Sep 21 13:16:45 CDT 2000

I thought I heard a "Magnus Abrante" say:

> Either Sun Field Engineers Handbook, or the Sun HW reference guide
> which might be found on www.sunhelp.org.

That one is good. I've also found a "new" one at
http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/ that has the categories
listed and a lot of parts that the old hwref doesn't have, like Ross
processors, ultrasparc parts, etc....

> The following 4 is the base number, like 1205 in this case, the rest is
> various dash numbers and revisions.

I've never needed to go beyond 9 numbers, like 501-2055-04 ... on the
600MP series, there are some restrictions on earlier revs of the board. I
can't remember them offhand; finally moved toward the non-VME sun4m
platforms so I haven't bothered with my two 600MP boards lately other than
to swipe an NVRAM.

Hope this helps,

Rob

   "And when somebody knows you well Well, there's no comfort like that
  And when somebody needs you Well, there's no drug like that" -- heather nova