[SunRescue] [OT] Trade MicroVAX IIs for older SPARC...

Brian Wheeler bdwheele at wombat.educ.indiana.edu
Thu Sep 21 12:15:22 CDT 2000

I've got a couple of MicroVAX IIs I'd like to trade for a SPARC.  Here
are  the specs:

System 1: (HEAVY)
	MicroVAX II (KA630)
	16M RAM
	DELQA Ethernet w/AUI port (will throw in 10BT transceiver)
	RA82 Hard disk (623MB)
	TK70 Tape Drive (296MB)
	8-line serial card
	630QE Enclosure (19"x4' rack)
	NetBSD 1.4

System 2: (INCA)
	MicroVAX II (KA630)
	6M RAM
	DELQA Ethernet w/AUI port (will throw in 10BT transceiver)
	bad RD53 hard disk (I have an unformatted spare I'll throw in)
	RQDX2 disk controller, I think
	Dual 5 1/4" floppy drive (disk 0's door is missing)
	8-line serial card
	BA23 Enclosure (floor stand)
	No Operating System

Both of the systems will boot, I ran them as an VMS 5.5-2 cluster a while
back.  INCA has a bad hard disk, though I have an unformatted one I can throw
in [It will need to be formatted by a Vaxstation 2000].  HEAVY (while a bit
big and slow) is a nice machine.

I cannot ship these, you'll have to pick them up (hell, the RA82 alone weighs
61 kg/134 lbs)  from Bloomington, IN.  You'll also have to build a console
cable, the MVII console  serial cables aren't wired like the standard 9 pin
serial (see: http://www.openvms.digital.com/wizard/openvms_faq.html#MISC1).

I'd like a sparc to play with.  An older SS2, IPC, IPX, etc w/32M+ RAM + 400M+
disk.  Graphics console not required, as I have terminals.

These are great machines and I hate to part with them, but after getting a
much faster (and smaller) VAX, I don't use them anymore.

Brian Wheeler
bdwheele at indiana.edu