[SunRescue] IPC, BW and Booting...

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Tue Sep 19 10:03:23 CDT 2000

That `window' is usually a SPARC register window, `window underflow'
is when someone tries to access a register window which isn't
accessible.

Most likely to cause this problem is a mix of memory modules, eg you
have a bank which has both 4 MB and 1 MB simms, it might also be a fault
cache memory on the motherboard.

However if you know that the simms are placed correctly it might be an
issue with the graphics card, try to do a
boot cdrom - install w

this will bring up an interactive installer, but bypass OpenWindows.
(Same as you will see if you boot it without a keyboard)

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */