Monitor convertions (was: Re: [SunRescue] parts I'm parting with!)

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 11:01:35 CDT 2000

At 08:51 AM 9/18/2000 +0200, you wrote:
><SNIP>
>
> > Actually, this info is what sparked (or is it 'Sparced'?) my interest last
> > year.  However, the 20D11 is completely different internally than what the
> > www.reputable.com info details, and so I had to devise my own mod.
> >
> > As Mike Hebel requested, I'll try to put together some info with pictures
> > this weekend. I just happen to have a digital camera on "loan" from work,
> > though the picture quality is not so great...
>
>Wouldn't it be a somewhat easy task to do the reverse, ie converting the
>20D10 to a "sync-on-green-20D11"?
>I mean, since the resistor is there, wouldn't it be possible to remove
>it?
>I have an Indy here in desperate need of a good clean monitor and this
>20D10 is just sitting here, in favor for my wonderful 20E20. (and that
>one stays on the Sun, believe me)
>
>         /Regards, Bjorn

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be that easy. You need a filter
network to separate the sync signal from the green video. That network is
already present on the 20D11, and the resistor I added feeds that network
directly from the dedicated sync signal. Since you want to go in reverse,
you'd have to create the filter network yourself, then feed it's output
into the dedicated sync input and the dedicated green input on your monitor.

--Adam