[SunRescue] XEROX /Sun IPX??

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Mon Sep 11 08:11:08 CDT 2000

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Darryl Barile wrote:

> I recently picked up a computer locally that I had never seen
> before.
>
> It was marked Xerox 6522 on the outside but it has the
> Sun logo on the bottom.
>
> Looks like a Xerox badged IPX to me.

It is an IPX... a local computer recycling/scrap company in my area
(southern tier of new york) got a couple palettes of them from a nearby
Xerox facility (Rochester, NY?) and I had the fortune of picking a couple
of them up. Aside from a few stickers placed over logos and model numbers,
the machines appear to be identical. (The tricky part is peeling the
stickers off without taking some of the sticker paint with it... my "Sun"
"IPX" has a little discoloration on the logos where the sticker decided to
take some stuff with it).

>From what I've seen, the 6522 was a repackaged IPX, and the 6520 was an
IPC. I haven't seen any other such Xerox machines so I do not know if they
did this on any other model.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  NetBSD1.4.2 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -