[SunRescue] XEROX /Sun IPX??

JohnDukstajduksta at genuity.com JohnDukstajduksta at genuity.com
Mon Sep 11 07:16:38 CDT 2000

A number of years ago, I was on a consulting gig at a big print
shop and attached to each of the Xerox DocuTechs was a SS20 running
as the Postscript to (some Xerox proprietary) raster format ripper.

Having spent a bunch of time in college doing DTP work, I remember this
being very common. The layout folks would do the work on a Mac
and then sent the Postscript output to a machine (usually a sparc)
running the Ripper that would convert the PS to the raster format
used for whatever output device they were working with (usually some
kind of film printer).

-john