[SunRescue] XEROX /Sun IPX??

Tim Harrison harrison at timharrison.com
Sun Sep 10 14:10:31 CDT 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Around here, they have the color copy machines controlled by either
> SS5/20s (cant tell , can only see the floppy drive and cd-rom) or some
> newer kiosks have an Ultra 5.

A friend of mine is a consultant for a copy shop nearby, and they were
having some *ahem* security issues with their "print server".  He asked
me to come in and check it out.  Turned out they were running an Ultra
30 as their "print server".  Xerox "managed" it, and had assured them
that the box was secure (they'd installed the latest patch cluster :P).

I talked with the Xerox guy for a while, and he told me all sorts of
things about what happens to old Sun machines when they come out of
print shops.

I shudder to remember his description of their deaths...

--

Tim.
Geek.
harrison at timharrison.com