[SunRescue] Re: RH 6.2 & Ethernet Transceiver

Harry Regan harry.regan at usa.net
Tue Sep 5 06:47:00 CDT 2000

Hmmm.  It should just plain work...  I have an IPC running RH 6.2 and using an
AVI (el cheapo) transceiver-- it installed and worked straight out of the box.
 I'd suspect either your network configuration or the transceiver itself.
Note that in the standard RH install, it plugs in a value for the gateway
address (and the DNS server address), so if you didn't change the value to the
real gateway, you ain't routing packets...

---- Harry J. Regan
---- Phone: 202.310.2719
---- FAX: 212.202.3923
---- harry.regan at usa.net