[SunRescue] Tape drives, many questions

BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com BrianMcCloskeycheckinmystyle at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 11:05:04 CDT 2000

i have a couple of exabyte 8mm 7/14gb drives that i've had for about 2
years, and i got them when they were already 2 years old or so. i have used
them to backup windows pc's, macs, and all of my sun equipment and they have
been very reliable. they aren't nearly as fast as dlt's obviously, but they
aren't nearly as expensive either. for what i need, 14gb capacity (with
compression) is good enough.

-wu