[SunRescue] SS1+ still imitating large paperweight

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 13:17:32 CST 2000

I would like to thank all those who gave me advice on my
comatose SS1+, but unfortunately, it still doesn't work.
I was glad to know that the SS1+ uses a different SIMM
slot arrangement. The hardware FAQ is somewhat unclear on
this point. Anyway, the red LED in the power supply is
still on, the LEDs on the mainboard still don't light up
at all, and nothing seems to show up on a terminal emu.
when I connect to serial port A. I noticed that
the hardware FAQ seems to indicate that all jumpers on J4
should be installed, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Unless anyone has some ideas I haven't tried yet, I guess
I'll try to find another unit so I can swap out the
board or power supply. Is that my best course of action at
this point?