[SunRescue] Old Sun SCSI...

jeff borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 29 16:27:02 CST 2000

Mike Hebel wrote:

> The SCSI FAQ:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/scsi-faq/part1/
>
> Calls those cable connectors DD-50SA style.

I think this is closest to the right thing.

As someone explained to me once, the D is for the shell being somewhat "D"
shaped. (if you look at it balanced on one of its sides)

                     ___
                    |   \
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |. .|
                    |___/   ... or some such

The second letter refers to the Width of the connector.

DB-25 is the same thickness and DB-9 for example.

The DD designation it seems is thicker than the DB.
I've never seen anything called DA or DC...

I think even the salespeople can figure out what the number means.

(-:

Hope this helps. I've learned nearly everything Sun I know from you all.

--jeff