[SunRescue] Sparcplug question

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 28 18:29:23 CST 2000

What would you pay for a similar SS/10 or SS/20?

How much more would you pay considering the size?

Does this come complete (there are special wiring harnesses needed for most
I/O, IIRC)?

Hints:

    SS/20 RAM sells for *about* $2/megabyte

    100 Mhz HyperSPARCs sell for $270/each

    CG3s are nearly free these days ($10?)

    Disks about 8 Gig in size are about $100 (UW SCSI drive at
WWW.HiTechCafe.COM )

So, are you willing to pay a premium over:

    256 Meg RAM x $2/Meg = $512
    (2) 100 Mhz HyperSPARCs x $270/each = $540
    CG3 = $10
    Disk = $100

= $1162?

EEK!