[SunRescue] Good news about Sun Storage Array!

Postliste1 rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 26 13:16:02 CST 2000

Hi,

In the new Suse Kernel, I found the section: Fibre Channel. I selected the
following options to be compiled into the kernel:

<*> Fibre Channel Suppport
--- FC 4 Drivers
<*> Sun SOC
<*> Sun SOC+ (aka SOCAL)
----FC4 targets
<*> SparcStorageArray 100 and 200  series

Ok, I compiled the kernel and booted the system and got the following error
message:

soc0 port B: Too many continuations entries 0

What does that mean? What could be wrong? What is SOC or SOCAL? Were my
selections in the kernel right?

Oh, one other thing:

If everything would be right and installed/compiled correctly, how can I
access the hd's in the array? Is the gonna be a file in the /dev directory?

Thanx,

a lot,

Christoph