[SunRescue] Javastation 1 to replace VT420

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 25 18:47:06 CST 2000

Hello all, I just went to the big monthly swap meet out here
and bought a Javastation 1 (with the 110MHz microSPARC) for
$40, with keyboard, mouse, etc.

Was this a reasonable price for this machine?  I put in 16MB of RAM.
I'd like to use it to replace my VT420, just to run multiple X-TERMS (no major
graphics apps, as I read it's very slow, and having multiple term windows
is enough).

I was reading the FAQ on linux, but can I run diskless Solaris on this unit?
Or only Linux?  I remember seeing something on Bill's page about the Javastation, but can't
find it now.

Thanks all,

Paul