[SunRescue] forget a Palm VII, I want one of these

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 16 20:27:31 CST 2000

I-Openers are going through a bit of transition, as NPLI is getting out of
the device market... There may be a glut of these units on the market
soon... AT&T will be taking over the service.

Another choice would be a low-cost laptop - a company I have dealt with
(supersellers.net) has 11 Portege 650ct laptops for sale on Ebay, $200/each
w/ 32 Meg RAM, 3.2 Gig HD, 11.3" TFT (800x600, 2 Meg Video RAM), and  P/133
CPU w/256K cache. it does *not* include a diskette or CD-ROM drive, but
these are only 4+ pounds heavy. AC/battery are included, and the usnit has a
28.8 modem and 2xType II PCMCIA slots available.

I'd like to try for one, but I *really* don't need one...

That would make a nice MAME, MP3 or general laptop (IMHO). I would also
suggest that these would make great kid computers (my 4 year old has an HP
800 laptop - fairly similar specs, I simply copy the CD-ROMs for his games
onto the HD< then he can run them anywhere! Of course, I paid closer to $600
for mine about 18 mos. ago...).

HTH,

Ken