[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] Assigning a second IP address

Martin Frost rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 13 10:39:16 CST 2000

Mike Meredith wrote:

> If you're looking for something
> easier, then I can't answer for qmail, but exim is pretty easy to get
> going and comes with an excellant manual.

qmail suffers from a lot of serious design flaws, mainly due to its
multi-process design. There are also problems with the way it's
distributed: you have to get the main package and then spend weeks
downloading more and more patches just to get a usable system.

I agree with the comments on Exim though. It's a very nice mailer,
builds and installs easily and cleanly, and configuration is a breeze.
It also allows for some quite flexible configurations if that's what
you want. (If you really want to get silly, you can build it with
embedded perl support.) No UUCP support though: if you need that
then I think you're limited to sendmail and its wonderful security.

Check out the site:

	<http://www.exim.org/>

--m