[SunRescue] Re: [OT] - FCC phone number?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 18:36:40 CST 2000

rjw at alembic.com writes:

>so i'm also one of the old ones here, 60. i started with the 4004 chip
>and then got one of the first Altair 8080 kits, ran it with a KSR33

What machine was the 4004 in???

>teletype, loading the bootstrap loader with the switches, then ran
>the short bootstrap tape, and finally the 20-minutes-to-load Micro
>Soft BASIC punched tape (their first product).  flirted with the
>Apple I (it was sold as a kit only) then settled in with commordore
>PET's (still using two 64's to run NC machines and a SuperPET as the
>programming station).  built a Novix computer (hardware Forth machine).

What kind of NC equipment? I've been doing brass work with a CNC milling
machine recently. (Photos: www.cca.org/dave/gallery7.html)

>Ron Wickersham
>rjw at rfo.org                              rjw at alembic.com
>Robert Ferguson Observatory project      Alembic, Inc.
>Valley of the Moon Observatory Assn.     The best Basses in the world

Alembic - what about.... what was that guy that spun off from Guild,
with the bizarre run-wires-off-both-ends-of-the-string pickup idea -
"Lane Poor" or something? Does he still make basses?

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------