[SunRescue] [OT] - FCC phone number?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 17:24:43 CST 2000

> > over-deviation or over-output - not sure which. They appear on all the TV

Probably deviation.  Hrmmmm....don't recall the freq. for ch 11.

> > harmonics and come through totally clearly on channel 11.  (Not having cable
> > bites!)
> >
> > On the HAM subject I'm thinking about at least a beginning license next year
> > when I can afford to "play" with the equipment. I would like to do the HAM
> > satellite thing - pardon me for not having the correct terminology - it
> > sounds really interesting using my computer to communicate with a satellite.

It's pretty cool.  The UO-14 is the easiest bird to work.  In fact, I
worked it once recently with my FT-50R and the rubber ducky at max
power(5w).  There are some store and forward packet birds too, and MIR
used to have some packet gear, but I don't recall the status of that.
Then there are other birds with 10m downlinks as well.

The pileup on the FM birds is nuts though -- making a QSO is damn near
impossible, since I've noticed some folks get a directional and burn
150-300 watts toward it and quash everyone else. :(

Hopefully my new yagi will fix that problem....