[SunRescue] Sun Rescue Newbie

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 6 22:00:43 CST 2000

Hello All,

I'm new to this list, and I'm looking for some advice.

I recently purchased a Sun Ultra 1 170 with 128mb of RAM, TGX graphics, and
2 gig hard drive on Ebay for about $350 as a testing machine. I have been
working with Sun equipment for some time but have no specific experience
with the Ultra 1. What I'm looking for is any advice on the machine,
especially with an eye towards a cost effective update for the video, and
any tricks or gotchas.

And of course as always for an admin type (I'm a security architect) any
general tips hints tricks etc.. are always welcome

Thanks
CHris Byrne