[SunRescue] Re: Best wishes for Bill...

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 5 13:40:58 CST 2000

> The poor girl who did it?  Since she didnt KNOW what the button was for
> when she pushed it, she didnt get punished - altho I'm sure she felt like
> shit for a week or two.  I think the kidding from her coworkers was
enough.

Amazing - every sysadmin must have a "big red button" story.  A co-worker
hit the big red button at a pharmacuetical company in CA.  In his defense,
he was reaching for the light switch on his way out and his arm hit the
*uncovered* big red button.  This one set off the fire extinguishers too.
He didn't get punished - because the button was *uncovered* - but the next
day there was a plastic breakaway cover to protect it.  Never mind the
constant ribbing from the rest of us.

Kurt