[SunRescue] Re: Best wishes for Bill...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 5 11:12:40 CST 2000

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>Was a VMS wizard in college; my first access to the Internet was
>through a VAX 4000-700A running VMS 5.5-2 and later upgraded to
>OpenVMS 6.1.  I created my college's first web server (they had a
>"FULL T1!!!" and were only using it for email; I setup the first

Ha ha ha ha. We had two VAX-11/750s at my college - one running VMS,
one running BSD4.3. I hated VMS. Slow as an 11/750 might seem now,
that machine got me completely addicted to "real computers".

I think our connection to the outside at that point was DECnet
running over a 9600 bps leased line.

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------