[SunRescue] semi-OT: ISPs that don't suck

Paul Paul
Fri Nov 17 02:22:06 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:32:53 -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

>While on the topic of ISP's that DO suck....
>
><rant>
>Earthlink just started a new policy where they block port 25 to everyone but
>their mail server. I cannot SMTP mail to my servers now while dialed in from
>home via Earthlink. What a crock of (insert fav feces word here). I have had
>it with them. Thank god I am moving next month.
></rant>

Good - Earthlink is one of the worst ISP's out there, and it's too bad they merged with
Mindspring, because Mindspring was better, and more secure.  Fortuantely,
I have every right to say this, being a former employee.

About the port 25 deal, my ISP does that also, which is a big disadvantage also.
But I could've told you about Earthlink doing it - I got a mail feed from their internal
corp network the day it started. ;-)

Of course, it's even worse when you get lots of spam from earthstink,
let alone lots of disconnects. :)

My 2 cents american currency.

Paul