[SunRescue] Another IP address

Paul Paul
Wed Nov 15 21:55:02 CST 2000

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:20:46 -0600, scohen - Stephen Cohen wrote:

>It appears you wish to have your system act as a router and masquerade for a
>private (192.168.x.x) network.
>
>To add a second IP, the ifconfig command is used.  The man page has examples
>of doing this.  You will also have to add route entries such that traffic
>NOT bound for 192.168.x.x will be routed to your 'public' route, i.e., your
>new DSL portal for which you will likely want/receive a 'public' IP address.

Actually, I want all my SPARCs to be seen on the internet, and was hoping
to use the DSL modem as the router.

>Lastly, you'll need to study (hard) matters involving the ipchain command.
>This will enable workstations on your private network to send and receive
>stuff to the public network as if they too were on the public network.  This
>is called masquerading.

I actually already have masquerading in place, by way of an OS/2 workstation
with special NAT/masquerading dialup software in place.

I just want another address in place, so I don't have to change my internal IPs,
and allow the servers to still be seen by the outside world (so I can telnet/ssh in, http,
etc).