[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] Assigning a second IP address

Paul Paul
Wed Nov 15 01:25:20 CST 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:41:51 -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:

>Sendmail *is* complicated - no doubt about that.  However, if you pay
>attention to the configuration files you can make it do darn near
>anything.  Obviously, the complication is a shortcoming, but after
>playing with enough I feel very comfortable doing all sorts of
>configing to it.
>
>Sendmail, in conjunction with a firewall like Checkpoint, can be
>incredibly secure.  I have so much faith in it that I use it as the
>inbound and outbound relay for all mail at the office (because
>Exchange is *not* secure).

Sadly, I did a job the other day with a broadband ISP migrating from unix sendmail/pop3
to exchange.  Even their NT admin thought it was a stupid idea.

As for checkpoint, I wish I could run it, as I've heard lots of good things about it, but
is there any way you can get it for much less than $20K, say a hobbyist use or something?
Way above my budget.  Also, where is the sendmail.cf file stored on Sun's ver of sendmail?

Paul