[SunRescue] Certification

Tom tom at nipltd.com
Wed May 31 03:33:28 CDT 2000

I took the tests recently for a laugh. In the UK, they worked out at 150 each
test (Admin I and Admin II) - this includes nice UK things like VAT.

I've been adminning Sun boxen for about 4 years now - I was mostly familiar
with the test objectives, but like all things, there were objectives for the
test that I had never dealt with where I work.

No revision, no prep, showed up for the exams, passed Admin I, and failed
Admin II (by 2 questions! :-)

So I'll probably get around to re-doing Admin II, just to get the Solaris CNA
cert. Since then I picked up a book from Exam Cram that covers the Solaris 7
CNA cert - can't remember the title, but dig through their web site or search
your favourite online book seller. It just covers the exam, but I've found it
a useful reference for things I haven't come across yet.

YMMV, but I don't think you need to do the courses at all. As long as you have
a decent grounding in the version of Solaris you're interested in.

It's all good fun :-) It's not like it'll make you a better sysadmin or
anything, but it might open your eyes to some stuff that's useful, that you
never came across before - and it's always nice to have something to wave
under your bosses nose to impress him into granting that pay rise :-) :-)

Cheers,
TOM

Tom Kranz - tom at nipltd.com
Systems Administrator, New Information Paradigms Ltd.
My opinions are my own, not NIP's, and not my cat's.