[SunRescue] any ham radio operators?

bobk bobk at sinister.com
Tue May 30 14:43:58 CDT 2000

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> > No.
>
> I didn't mean this to sound terse; it's my favorite joke that I reply
> with: "I am not a ham." My .sig speaks differently though. :-) Anyone
> interested is DS-SS or FH-SS or any of the other SSes? (Spread Spectrum)

Yes, I am. I have been for a while but lack the test equipment to build my
own. I have played around with the Wavelan stuff for 915 Mhz, but it
doesn't work too well. It looks as though the newer proxim symphony cards
are a better bet.

I've been waiting for tapr.org to come out with their spread spectrum
device for quite some time now.

As far as techie stuff for SS goes - anyone thought of using a GPS device
for synchronization? They have that very accurate clock. I don't know too
much about GPS but its something that occured to me.

I've got a radio page on http://sinister.com/radio and look at
http://bowsig.am as well.

-bob N1YRK (sound like new york, doesn't it?)